The Excel program aims to motivate and discipline black students while increasing parental involvement in schools. Reverend Jesse Jackson says black students must change their priorities from sports and entertainment to education and achievement.
- Koch leads fight to deregulate African-style braiding
- Brooklyn teen fatally shot in head, friend mistaken for gang member
- My-King Johnson first active openly gay scholarship football player
- FAMU to launch first African-American news network
- North Korea executes security officials who ‘enraged’ Kim Jong Un
- George W. Bush on Trump and Russia: ‘We need answers’