This week, Rev, Al Sharpton held his National Action Network conference about the black agenda, Michelle Obama made a surprise visit to Haiti and we sadly lost veteran civil rights leader Benjamin L. Hooks. What did the Twitter-verse have to say about these and other top story of the week? theGrio and Black Web 2.0 have compiled for you our top ten favorite tweets on the topical events of the week that was.
- Bullying Leslie Jones wasn’t enough to take down Milo Yiannopoulos
- Will Packer to develop Joan Little film about woman who killed her rapist
- Savannah State becomes first HBCU to win National Cheerleading Award
- Richard Wright’s ‘Native Son’ to be adapted as film
- Trump property doorman says he was ordered to discriminate against blacks
- Boy in touching Obama photo looks back on viral moment: ‘It felt just like my hair’