This week, Rev, Al Sharpton held his National Action Network conference about the black agenda, Michelle Obama made a surprise visit to Haiti and we sadly lost veteran civil rights leader Benjamin L. Hooks. What did the Twitter-verse have to say about these and other top story of the week? theGrio and Black Web 2.0 have compiled for you our top ten favorite tweets on the topical events of the week that was.
- Murdered teen ends up saving four lives due to organ donation
- Craigslist hairstylist pepper sprays client for complaining about her hairdo
- Civil Rights Act of 1866 at the heart of $10B discrimination suit against Charter Communications
- Bronx man on trial calmly describes butchering mom’s corpse
- Black graduates owe nearly twice as much student debt as whites
- Florida teacher put on probation for telling racist jokes in classroom