This slideshow highlights one of the most elegant and influential fashion icons of late — first lady Michelle Obama. Her style ranges from thrifty to runway and Michelle Obama has created a stir by breaking from the traditional first lady attire. She has cultivated her own style with a touch of flair. She has been known to rock fashion off the racks from Target, and custom designs by the likes of Jason Wu, Peter Soronen, Narciso Rodriguez and Isabel Toledo, just to name a few. Whether it’s planting a garden at the White House, inspiring young girls to dream big or befriending the Queen of England, Michelle does it with style and grace, leading by example on her own terms.
- Michelle Obama Style: First lady Michelle Obama's 10 best looks of 2012
- First lady Michelle Obama accused of harming American manufacturing by wearing 'fast fashion'
- What should Michelle Obama wear to the inaugural balls?
- Michelle Obama Style: Michelle Obama proves style icon status with stunning looks on 2012 campaign trail
- Michelle Obama birthday: Advice on staying fab at 50