Recently theGrio sat down with a successful African-American analyst for the state of Michigan, Marlon Brown, who discusses life as an albino. The genetic condition is lack of pigmentation of the skin and hair. Although this is a rare condition, Brown is not alone. Here is our slideshow of famed African-American albino people.
- Confessions of an African-American albino
- Shaun Ross: Meet fashion's first albino male model
- Slideshow: From head lice to anorexia – 10 conditions African-Americans get the least
- Genetic research changes view of disease in African-Americans
- African-American's Y chromosome sparks shift in evolutionary timetable