Morgan Freeman is being honored tonight with the Golden Globes’ annual Cecil B. DeMille award for his lifetime of incredible work in film and television (he starred on the 70s kids show The Electric Company). Believe it or not he is only the second African-American to receive this illustrious award (Sidney Poitier was the first, back in 1982). Freeman has played everything from a low-life pimp to the personification of God. Even though it’s incredibly hard to pick — here are theGrio’s top 10 favorite Morgan Freeman film roles.
- Atlanta rapper makes it rain at homeless shelter, mayhem ensues
- Ex-gospel singer drags black christians in song who shame him for being gay
- Justin Timberlake may have broken law after posting voting selfie
- Idris Elba stars in new drama ‘A Hundred Streets’
- Tika Sumpter welcomes first child, vents about motherhood
- ‘Atlanta’ actor Brian Tyree Henry reveals why ‘Paper Boi’ is so damn woke