Morgan Freeman is being honored tonight with the Golden Globes’ annual Cecil B. DeMille award for his lifetime of incredible work in film and television (he starred on the 70s kids show The Electric Company). Believe it or not he is only the second African-American to receive this illustrious award (Sidney Poitier was the first, back in 1982). Freeman has played everything from a low-life pimp to the personification of God. Even though it’s incredibly hard to pick — here are theGrio’s top 10 favorite Morgan Freeman film roles.
- Keyshia Cole joins cast of ‘Love & Hip-Hop’
- Naturi Naughton announces she’s pregnant with first child
- Drama ‘Shots Fired’ takes layered look at police shootings
- Mike Epps’ wife wants him to pay up for divorce
- Karlie Redd confirms ‘celibate’ relationship with Ceaser Emanuel
- Mahershala Ali shares photo of newborn daughter Bari Najma