Morgan Freeman is being honored tonight with the Golden Globes’ annual Cecil B. DeMille award for his lifetime of incredible work in film and television (he starred on the 70s kids show The Electric Company). Believe it or not he is only the second African-American to receive this illustrious award (Sidney Poitier was the first, back in 1982). Freeman has played everything from a low-life pimp to the personification of God. Even though it’s incredibly hard to pick — here are theGrio’s top 10 favorite Morgan Freeman film roles.
- ‘False Prophets’: J. Cole releases Kanye West diss track, fans react
- Jeremih accused of using body double at concert
- 50 Cent claims Vivica Fox performed sexual favor, actress denies
- Katt Williams banned from two Georgia counties
- Man who shot Joe McKnight released without charges
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation signs The Lox, announces new album