Morgan Freeman is being honored tonight with the Golden Globes’ annual Cecil B. DeMille award for his lifetime of incredible work in film and television (he starred on the 70s kids show The Electric Company). Believe it or not he is only the second African-American to receive this illustrious award (Sidney Poitier was the first, back in 1982). Freeman has played everything from a low-life pimp to the personification of God. Even though it’s incredibly hard to pick — here are theGrio’s top 10 favorite Morgan Freeman film roles.
- Ellen helps pay off Muslim refugee’s student debt
- Donald Glover set to play Simba in live-action ‘Lion King’ movie
- Gilbert Arenas Warns ‘Old Thots’ over 34 not to attend NBA All-Star Weekend
- ‘Go f*** yourself: Larry Wilmore lashes out at right-wing Trump supporter on Bill Maher show
- Michelle Obama set to make appearance on ‘MasterChef Junior’
- D.L. Hughley blasts Trump’s ignorance: ‘I’m glad the first black president wasn’t that dumb’