President Barack Obama had an touching moment back in 2009 with Jacob Philadelphia, a young visitor at the White House. When Jacob asked the president if he could feel his hair, the president’s kneeling down to oblige the young admirer was the moment the president showed his critics how to communicate intimate nature of race with other African-Americans without politicizing the issue. In this clip from The Last Word, Lawrence O’Donnell revisits this iconic image.
- 50 years later, black people should give Kwanzaa a second look
- Rihanna unfollows J.Lo after seemingly confirming relationship with Drake
- Louisiana girl gets Christmas gift from stranger who found her Santa letter
- Nurse helps deliver couple’s baby in McDonald’s bathroom
- Spared from demolition, 1920s black schoolhouse will be saved
- The President and First Lady wish everyone a Merry Christmas