President Barack Obama had an touching moment back in 2009 with Jacob Philadelphia, a young visitor at the White House. When Jacob asked the president if he could feel his hair, the president’s kneeling down to oblige the young admirer was the moment the president showed his critics how to communicate intimate nature of race with other African-Americans without politicizing the issue. In this clip from The Last Word, Lawrence O’Donnell revisits this iconic image.
- 'The boy who touched Obama's hair' a timeless story
- Famous photo of President Obama and 5-year-old remains in White House 3 years later
- Michelle Obama appeals to black voters at CBC Foundation gala
- President Obama, Steve Harvey surprise White House visitors
- Obama meets privately with Mandela family
- White House reveals Obama met with Kendrick Lamar in Oval Office