President Barack Obama had an touching moment back in 2009 with Jacob Philadelphia, a young visitor at the White House. When Jacob asked the president if he could feel his hair, the president’s kneeling down to oblige the young admirer was the moment the president showed his critics how to communicate intimate nature of race with other African-Americans without politicizing the issue. In this clip from The Last Word, Lawrence O’Donnell revisits this iconic image.
- Boy in touching Obama photo looks back on viral moment: ‘It felt just like my hair’
- The erasure of Black History in our classrooms is a crime
- Lauryn Hill becomes a grandmother
- Queen Latifah to be honored as an entertainment icon
- Mary-Pat Hector, 19, earns right to run for city council in Georgia
- Derek Jeter, wife Hannah expecting first child together