Two new surveys give a look into the sexual minds of African-Americans — such as that 60 percent consider themselves adventurous in the bedroom and over 70 percent are open to using a vibrator with a partner during sex.
The findings were released as part of a Trojan Charged Sex Life Survey of 3,000 Americans nationwide, including ten major cities.
More results among the African-Americans surveyed:
- One in three say the most exciting thing they’ve done is have sex more than three times in one day.
- Nearly one-third of both men and women have had sex outdoors.
- More than half of believe things need to be more exciting in the bedroom.
- Sixty percent are in committed, monogamous relationships.
- The top ways those surveyed charged things up included spontaneous sex, having sex someplace different and talking dirty.
African-American men versus African-American women:
- Men think about sex 17 times a day, compared to 5 times a day for women.
- Men have had, on average, 38 sex partners in a lifetime, compared to 10 among women.
- Almost half of men wish sex lasted longer, compared to one-third of women.
- More than half of women have faked an orgasm, compared to 18 percent of men.
Among all Americans, Atlanta residents were found to be the most sexually adventurous with the highest sex drive.
Dr. Tyeese Gaines is a physician-journalist with over 10 years of print and broadcast experience, now serving as health editor for theGrio.com. Dr. Ty is also a practicing emergency medicine physician in New Jersey. Follow her on twitter at @doctorty.