In recent interview with MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell, rock icon Elton John praised rapper Jay-Z for his decision to come out in support same-sex marriage. John, who called Jay-Z “probably the most respected African-American artist.” said he was “incredibly moved” by Jay-Z’s endorsement of gay rights. He talked about how called the hip-hop star after he made his statement to offer his admiration and appreciation. “When I next see him I’m going give him the biggest hug,” said John who is openly gay and does maintain a residence in the predominately black city of Atlanta.
- Does Jay-Z's gay marriage endorsement matter in the black community?
- Jay-Z joins list of black celebrities who back Obama's gay marriage stance
- Chuck D on Obama's gay marriage stance: 'Inevitable and necessary'
- Hip-hop shifts anti-gay tone as rights issues rise
- Political football: Why Wade Davis coming out matters