Presidential candidate Mitt Romney said he needed to consult a “binder of women” to find some to work on his staff, back when he was Massachusetts governor. We decided to offer a book full of women: Black Woman Redefined, to save him the trouble of searching next time. Sophia A. Nelson’s celebration of women leads our list this week. Also on the list is a book that proves that heaven exists, written by a scientist. And in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we pay tribute to Bebe Moore Campbell, who succumbed to the disease in 2006.
- This week’s book list: Celebrating the final full week of Women’s History Month
- Grio books: Author Sophia Nelson says image of black women needs a ‘makeover’
- Where are the sisters’ issues in the 2012 presidential race?
- It's time for 'Colored Girls' to move beyond the pain
- This week’s book list: Looking back on the amazing careers of Dwight Gooden, Rita Moreno