If you didn’t get hit by Sandy this past week, consider yourself lucky. But according to scientists this may not be the last fierce storm and it won’t be the fiercest. So in order to make sure you’re prepared next time, we’re offering a survival book written by home economist, Peggy Layton, who will show you what to do when faced with natural disaster. Also, in honor of Election Day, we thought it would be useful to hear directly from both candidates, Barack Obama and Mitt Romney, who in their respective books map out their plan for the future of America.
- This week’s book list: Whitney Houston remembered, and black man raised in Nazi Germany releases memoir
- This week's book list: Reading to help you make your New Year's resolutions
- This week's book list: A look at Egypt's fight for freedom and more
- This week’s book list: A man recounts his 'real' trip to hell, and more
- This week's reading list: A 'binder' of books for black women