MONDAY, JAN. 21
- Join Biz Markie and the African Ambassadors for their 2013 Ambassadors Inaugural Ball at the Carnegie Library at Mt. Vernon Square, 801 K St., NW in Washington, D. C. Hosted by Miss USA Nana Meriwether, guests may join the party from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. Tickets are $250.
- The Black McDonald’s Operators Association Inaugural Ball will be hosted at the City Club of Washington, 555 13th St. NW in Washington, D.C. from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. Tickets cost $250.
- The National Congress of Black Women is hosting its all-day Inaugural Celebration at Jenny’s on the Waterfront, 1000 Water St. SW in Washington, D.C. Guests may have brunch beginning at 10:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. Refreshments are all day and dinner is from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Tickets are $125.
- Young & Powerful will top off Inauguration weekend with its DREAM: Black Tie Gala at the O Street Mansion, 2020 O Street, NW in Washington, D.C. Party with young professionals from 8 p.m. until early Tuesday morning. Tickets range from $100 to $144 with VIP admission available.
- Join GrandMaster Dee on the turntables and Whodini at the Southern Christian Leadership Conference’s The People’s Inaugural Ball at L’Enfant Plaza Hotel, 420 L’Enfant Plaza SW in Washington, D. C. While tickets are $85, packages are available for other events.
- The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation is hosting its VIP Inaugural Gala and Celebration at the Capital Hilton Hotel, 1001 16th St., NW from 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. Enjoy a CCIP reception, followed by the gala dinner, music, dancing and an After Gala Celebration featuring Doug E. Fresh and Big Tigger. According to the website, the CBC is “officially sold out of the $750 Inaugural Reception, Gala and Celebration tickets, but a waiting list is available. Tickets to attend the After Gala Celebration are $350, and guests may attend this event from 9:30 p.m. to 1 a.m.