Left: Foxy Brown (Photo by Bryan Bedder/Getty Images) Center: Bobby Brown (Photo by Allen Berezovsky/Getty Images for TRANS4M) Right: Naomi Campbell (Photo by Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images)
10) Dez Bryant, a Dallas Cowboys’ wide receiver, was arrested in 2012 for misdemeanor domestic violence for allegedly hitting his mother. Bryant has also been sued multiple times for allegedly not paying back his debts. The NFL star was sued in 2011 by two separate jewelers, alleging Bryant did not pay for the items he purchased. Months after the first two lawsuits, Bryant was sued by a New York-based finance company who claimed Bryant still owed them money. (Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)
9) Model Naomi Campbell plead guilty in 2007 and 2008 to assault charges. She also infamously plead guilty in 2007 to assaulting her then housekeeper with a cell phone in March of 2006. (Photo by Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images)
7) Singer and ex-husband of the late Whitney Houston, Bobby Brown has been arrested for: drug possession, driving under the influence, and misdemeanor battery for allegedly striking Houston in 2003. In the past year Brown has been arrested twice on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol. (Photo by Allen Berezovsky/Getty Images for TRANS4M)
6) Singer Chris Brown’s most notable offense was his 2009 felony assault of then girlfriend Rihanna. Brown has also had dealt with police following altercations with rapper Drake and singer Frank Ocean. (Photo by David McNew/Getty Images)
5) Rapper T.I. served an 11-month prison sentence in 2009 for felony weapons charges stemming from an October 2007 arrest. The rapper has been arrested for drug possession, as well as for weapons possession on multiple occasions. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
4) Rapper Lil Wayne served an eight-month prison sentence in 2010 for weapons charges stemming from a 2007 arrest. The Louisiana native has also seen several charges for drug possession. (Photo by Andy Kropa/Getty Images)
3) Philadelphia rapper Beanie Sigel has had his fair share of arrests. Sigel has been arrested for assault, weapons possession, and drug possession, among other things. (Photo by Scott Gries/Getty Images)
2) Rapper Earl SImmons, better known as DMX is no stranger to legal issues. Since the late 90s, DMX has been arrested on charges of: possession of crack cocaine, possession of marijuana, weapons possession, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, criminal impersonation, violating parole, animal cruelty, aggravated assault, and reckless driving. The rapper was most recently arrested for driving without his license. (Photo by Mike Lawrie/Getty Images)
1) In the last four months alone, comedian Katt Williams has been arrested six times. Williams has faced charges of alleged assault, burglary, carrying a concealed firearm, refusing to stop for police, allegedly endangering his four children, and reckless driving. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
- of 11
From rappers to supermodels, some celebrities can’t seem to stay out of trouble.
DMX’s latest arrest for driving is just the latest example of a black star who seems to keep winding up behind bars.
Check out these examples of prominent African-Americans with perpetual problems with the law.