EFFECTIVE AS OF APRIL 1, 2022
- other Weather Group owned websites
If you are a California resident, please see the “Additional Disclosures for California Residents”. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights and choices, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section.
Personally Identifiable and Other Information Collected by Us
How We Use Your Personally Identifiable Information
How We Share Your Personally Identifiable Information
Third-Party Web Sites, Third-Party Services, Plug-Ins and Links
Analytics and Advertising
Your Rights and Choices
Security and Account Access
Additional Disclosures for Nevada Residents
Additional Disclosures California Residents
- Personally Identifiable and Other Information Collected by Us
In order to maximize your experience and to provide you with enhanced products and services, we collect personally identifiable information (“PII”) from you. This information is collected and stored electronically by us. This information may be provided to us voluntarily by you, collected automatically by us from you, or provided to us from third-party sources as further explained in this Section 2.
- Information You Voluntarily Provide
We collect information about you when you use the Service, including information you provide when you sign up for our Service; complete a survey; register for a promotion, contest or sweepstakes; send us an e-mail message or complete an inquiry form to receive additional information; sign up for an email newsletter; report weather or other conditions; submit information about yourself (e.g., your gender, age, age range, address, birthday); request alerts or notifications; report locations; or make a purchase from us, contact customer support, or apply for a job. The following categories of information we collect and have collected in the last 12 months:
- Contact Data, including your first and last name, e-mail address, postal address, and phone number.
- Account Credentials, including your username, password, password hints, and information for authentication and account access.
- Demographic Data, including your age, age range, birthday, gender, and location.
- Billing Data, including your payment instrument number (such as a credit or debit card number), expiration date, and security code as necessary to process your payments.
- Profile Data, including your interests, inferences, preferences, and favorites.
- Content, including content within any messages you send to us (such as weather reports or conditions, feedback and questions to customer support) or publicly post on the Service (such as in product reviews or blog comments).
- Job Applicant Data, including your employment and education history, transcript, writing samples, and references as necessary to consider your job application for open positions.
- Location information, including self-reported locations and self-reported zip codes.
- Information Collected Automatically
We also may collect certain information through automated means. The categories of information we automatically collect and may have collected in the last 12 months includes:
- Service Use Data, including data about features you use, pages and channels you visit, emails, content and advertisements you view, products and services you view and purchase, the time of day you view and browse, and your referring and exiting pages.
- Device Data, including data about the device brand or model, browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as IP address and Ad Id.
- Location Data, including imprecise location data (such as location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level) and, with your consent, precise location data (such as latitude/longitude data). This may include physical geographic location using GPS, cellular network location-based services on your device, and browser services.
We use various tracking technologies to automatically collect information when you use the Service, including the following:
- Log Files, which are files that record events that occur in connection with your use of the Service, including access times, information related to what you are watching, context/genre of content being watched, and certain related inferences such as audience segments matched utilizing segment user ID.
- Cookies, which are text files containing small amounts of information that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website that act as a unique tag to identify your browser. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our website and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience, remembering your preferences, and supporting security features. Additionally, persistent cookies allow us to bring you advertising both on and off the Service. Persistent cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and generally may be controlled through your browser settings.
- Pixels and Web Beacons, which are electronic tags. Certain pages on our sites contain web beacons (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). A pixel tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1×1), which is ordinarily not visible to users and may be associated with cookies on users’ hard drives. These pixel tags collect anonymous data. These web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies sent by the third party.
- App Technologies, which are technologies included in our apps that are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. For example, our apps may include SDKs (software development kits), which is code that sends information about your use to a server. These SDKs allow us to track our communications, bring you advertising both on and off the Service, and provide you with additional functionality, such as the ability to connect our Service with your social media account.
- Location-Identifying Technologies, which are technologies used to collect your location. For example, GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth may be used to collect precise location data when you consent to precise location tracking through our apps. Location data may be used for purposes such as verifying your device’s location and delivering or restricting relevant content and advertising based on that location.
- Local Shared Objects, which are stored within your browser on your electronic device used to enhance your user experience, for example, by storing your user preferences and settings, such as your volume/mute settings, and in connection with animated content on our sites. Local Shared Objects are similar to browser cookies but can store data more complex than simple text. By themselves, they cannot do anything to or with the data on your computer. Like other cookies, they can only access PII that you have provided on the sites and cannot be accessed by other websites.
For further information on how we use tracking technologies for analytics and advertising, and your rights and choices regarding them, see the “Analytics and Advertising” and “Your Rights and Choices” sections below.
- Information From Third-Party Sources
We also collect information from third-party sources in limited circumstances. The following are the categories of sources we collect information from:
- Social networks, when you engage with our content, reference our Service, or grant us permission to access information from the social networks.
- Business Partners, including businesses that we partner with in order to provide you the Service on such business partner’s hardware or platform including but not limited to Roku, Apple (including tvOS and iOS), AFTV, Android (including Android TV), Tizen, Vizio, Comcast, Verizon, and Hisense when you launch our Service from any such partner’s hardware or platform.
- Publicly-available sources, including data in the public domain.
- How We Use Your Personally Identifiable Information
- Operate and manage our Service, including your registration and account.
- Perform services requested by you, such as personalize your services, respond to your comments and questions, and to assist you with operational or other requests such as technical service queries and password reset requests.
- Enhance, improve and otherwise update our Service.
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages.
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities.
- Conduct research, including focus groups and surveys.
- Improve our Service (including our websites and apps), marketing efforts, and other products/services.
- Develop and send you direct marketing, including advertisements and communications, about our and other entities’ products, special offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services.
- Conduct promotions, including verifying your eligibility and delivering prizes in connection with your entries.
- Help us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests, and otherwise communicate with you in connection with your requests.
- Fulfill any other business or commercial purposes at your direction or with your notice and/or consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
We may combine information about you with information obtained from other sources. These sources may include Service Providers that help us determine location based on your IP address; online and offline data providers, from which we obtain demographic, interest based and online advertising related data; publicly-available sources; and partners that help market to you products or services that may be of interest to you.
We do not rent, transfer or share PII about you with other people or non-affiliated companies in exchange for money. In section 4 below, we explain the ways we may disclose your PII with third-parties.
- How We Share Your Personally Identifiable Information
- With Service Providers. We share information with entities that process information on our behalf for our business purposes. Service Providers may include, for example, companies that process credit card information or handle shipping for us, deliver materials to you via e-mail or postal service, organize, administer, process, or provide advertising services, authenticate your subscription with your cable, satellite or IP delivered content provider, provide IT services, provide marketing and/or communication services, provide customer service, analyze and enhance data, process and administer surveys, provide support, assist with system crashes, help diagnose problems, and/or analyze data on our behalf to help us provide more relevant offers and advertising to you and to eliminate the delivery of duplicate offers as well as correcting and/or updating users’ data based on information we provide them.
- With Other Vendors. We share information with vendors for business and commercial purposes, including analytics and advertising technology companies. Vendors may act as our Service Providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information. For more information on advertising and analytics, see the “Analytics and Advertising” section below.
- With Our Affiliates. We share information with our related entities including our parent and sister companies for business purposes such as customer support, marketing, product development, and technical operations. We also may share information with affiliates for commercial purposes. We may provide you with special offers (including special offers of our Affiliates) and may use your information to inform you of other products or services available from us.
- With Our Business Partners. We share information with our partners in connection with offering our Service over the business partner’s platform, selling or distributing our products, or engaging in joint marketing activities.
- To Facilitate Changes of Control. We continually look for ways to improve our business, including purchasing or selling all or part of a business or company. We share information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition, business combination of all or any portion of our business or assets, change of control, or a transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets to another third party (including in the case of any bankruptcy proceeding).
- For Legal Purposes. We share information to comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We also share information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Service, or anyone else.
- To Facilitate Requests. We share information at your request or direction, such as when you choose to share information with a social network about your activities on the Service.
- With Your Consent. We share information with notice to you and your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may share information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
- Third-Party Websites, Third-Party Services, Plug-Ins and Links
In some cases, you may navigate to pages of other websites that are framed with elements of a Service offered by us such as in the header or footer. In that case the URL will identify the site you are visiting. In other cases, such as advertisements, you will be connecting to another site or service when you click on or otherwise activate those opportunities, including click-to-call, click-to-text, and click-to-email opportunities. You may also encounter third party applications that interact with the Service. The following are some examples of ways our Service may connect you to other unaffiliated websites and Internet-based services:
- Links. Our Service includes links that hyperlink to websites, platforms, and other services not operated or controlled by us. We may get a commission if you purchase a product after clicking on a link to such a website.
- Liking, Sharing, and Logging-In. We may embed a pixel or SDK on our Service that allows you to “like” or “share” content on, or log-in to your account through social media. If you choose to engage with such integration, we may receive information from the social network that you have authorized to share with us. Please note that the social network may independently collect information about you through the integration.
- Platform Linking. We offer you the ability to link your account to another service in order to retrieve certain data about your account on that service, such as a subscription service. For example, you may authenticate your account with a cable, satellite or IP delivered content provider.
- Analytics and Advertising
We, our service providers acting on our behalf, and our Vendors, use various Internet technologies which help us to manage the operations of a Service offered by us and track your usage behavior so that we can tailor information and advertisements to make your visits more enjoyable and meaningful.
In addition, we work with agencies, advertisers, ad networks, and other technology services to place ads about our products and services on other websites and services. For example, we place ads through Google and Facebook that you may view on their platforms as well as on other websites and services.
As part of this process, we may incorporate tracking technologies into our own Service (including our website and emails) as well as into our ads displayed on other websites, platforms and services. Some of these tracking technologies may track your activities across time and services for purposes of associating the different devices you use, and delivering relevant ads and/or other content to you (“Interest-based Advertising”).
We also contract with certain service providers to track, analyze and report data about the usage of our Service using these Internet technologies. These service providers include Adobe and its Adobe Analytics product. To obtain information about the privacy and security practices of Adobe and your options to set your Adobe preferences, use the following link: http://www.adobe.com/privacy.html.
For further information on the types of tracking technologies we use on the Service and your rights and choices regarding analytics, Interest-based Advertising, and Matched Ads, please see the “Information Collected Automatically” and “Your Rights and Choices” sections.
- Your Rights and Choices
- Account Information.
You may access, update, or remove certain information that you have provided to us through your account by visiting your account settings or sending an email to the email address set out in the “Contact Us” section below. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use information about you as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Tracking Technology Choices.
- Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
- App and Location Technologies. You can stop all collection of information via an app by uninstalling the app. You can also reset your device Ad Id at any time through your device settings, which is designed to allow you to limit the use of information collected about you. You can stop all collection of precise location data through an app by uninstalling the app or withdrawing your consent through your device settings.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove tracking technologies, some parts of the Service may not function correctly.
- Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising.
Google provides tools to allow you to opt out of the use of certain information collected by Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and by Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network at https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/.
The companies we work with to provide you with targeted ads are required by us to give you the choice to opt out of receiving targeted ads. Most of these companies are participants of the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) and/or the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the targeted ads provided by these companies, and how to opt out of receiving certain targeted ads from them, please visit: (i) for website targeted ads from DAA participants, https://www.aboutads.info/choices; (ii) for app targeted ads from DAA participants, https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices; and (iii) for targeted ads from NAI participants, https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Opting out only means that the selected participants should no longer deliver certain targeted ads to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., in connection with the participants’ other customers or from other technology services).
To opt out of us using your data for Matched Ads, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below and specify that you wish to opt out of matched ads. We will request that the applicable technology service not serve you Matched Ads based on information we provide to it. Alternatively, you may directly contact the applicable technology service to opt out.
You may also limit our use of information collected from or about your mobile device for purposes of serving targeted ads to you by going to your device settings and selecting “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (for Android devices).
Please note that if you opt out using any of these methods, the opt out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt out. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any opt out options or programs, or the accuracy of any other entities’ statements regarding their opt out options or programs.
- E-mails. You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link, or emailing us at the email address set out in the “Contact Us” section below with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the email. Please note that you cannot opt-out of non-promotional emails, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or our ongoing business relations.
- Push Notifications. If you have opted-in to receive push notification on your device, you can opt-out at any time by adjusting the permissions in your device or uninstalling our app.
- Text Messages and Calls. You can opt-out of receiving text messages or calls to your phone number at any time by (i) for text messages, texting “STOP” in response to any text message you receive from us or contacting us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below and specifying you want to opt-out of text messages; and (ii) for calls, requesting opt-out during any call you receive from us or contacting us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below and specifying you want to opt-out of calls.
Please note that your opt out is limited to the email address, device, and phone number used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
- Unlinking Your Accounts.
- Children’s Privacy
We are committed to protecting the safety and privacy of young people using the Internet. You must be 18 years or older to subscribe to the Service. Anyone under the age of 18 may only use the Service with his or her parent’s or guardian’s permission and supervision. We do not knowingly collect PII from children under the age of 18. The Service may contain links to third-party websites and other services geared to children. The linked sites and services are not under our control. We are not responsible for the content of any linked site or service or any link contained in a linked site or service, nor are we responsible for the privacy practices of the operators of those sites or services with respect to children. We strongly encourage parents and guardians to review the privacy policies of all linked sites and services.
If you are a parent or guardian and you believe we have collected information from your child in a manner not permitted by law, contact us at email@example.com. We will remove the data to the extent required by applicable laws.
- Security and Account Access
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures designed to protect and safeguard your data from unreasonable alteration, acquisition, or misuse by unauthorized third parties. We use standard industry practices to protect your PII, however, we cannot guarantee that your communications with the Service will never be unlawfully intercepted, or that your PII will never be unlawfully accessed by third parties.
In the unfortunate event that your PII is compromised, we may notify you by email (at our sole and absolute discretion) to the last email address you have provided to us in the most expedient timeframe that is reasonable under the circumstances. Please note, however, that delays in notification may occur while we take necessary measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system, or, if notification would impede a criminal investigation, to accommodate the legitimate needs of law enforcement.
Please note that if you allow others to use your account (including others you permit to set up profiles under your account), they may be able to view information about your account or any of the profiles under your account, including information about the videos you view and your email address.
- Contact Us
Weather Group Television, LLC
300 Interstate North Pkwy SE
Atlanta, GA 30339
ATTN: Legal Dept
- Additional Disclosures for Nevada Residents
Nevada law (NRS 603A.340) requires each business to establish a designated request address where Nevada consumers may submit requests directing the business not to sell certain kinds of personal information that the business has collected or will collect about the consumer. A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of personal information for monetary consideration by the business to a third party for the third party to license or sell the personal information to other third parties. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to submit a request relating to our compliance with Nevada law, please contact us as at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Additional Disclosures for California Residents
These additional disclosures for California residents apply only to individuals who reside in California. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act, and subject to all related regulations and guidelines by the Attorney General and/or the California Privacy Protection Agency (collectively the “CCPA”), provides additional rights to know, delete and opt out, and requires businesses collecting or disclosing personal information to provide notices and means to exercise rights.
- Notice of Collection
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information enumerated in the CCPA:
- Identifiers, including name, email address, phone number account name, IP address, and an ID or number assigned to your account.
- Customer records, billing and shipping address, and credit or debit card information.
- Demographics, such as your age or gender. This category includes data that may qualify as protected classifications under other California or federal laws.
- Commercial information, including purchases and engagement with the Service.
- Internet activity, including your interactions with our Service.
- Geolocation data, including location enabled services such as WiFi and GPS.
- Employment and education data, including information you provide when you apply for a job with us.
- Inferences, including information about your interests, preferences and favorites.
For more information on the information we collect, including the sources we receive information from, review the section entitled “Personally Identifiable Information and Other Information Collected by Us” above. We collect and use these categories of personal information for the business purposes described in the section entitled “How We Use Your Personally Identifiable Information” above, including to provide and manage our Service.
We do not provide personal information about you to other companies in exchange for money. We do, however, share personal information with companies that we work with, including to help us market or advertise to you. You can find out more about our practices in our “Analytics and Advertising” section. Even though we do not provide personal information to these companies for money, California law may characterize our use of your information in this context as a “sale.” To the extent “sale” under the CCPA is interpreted to include advertising technology activities such as those disclosed in the section entitled “Analytics and Advertising,” we comply with applicable law as to such activity. To opt out of the sharing of your personal information to third parties for advertising or marketing purposes, review the “Right to Opt Out” section.
We disclose the following categories of personal information for commercial purposes: identifiers, demographic information, commercial information, internet activity, geolocation data and inferences. We use and partner with different types of entities to assist with our daily operations and manage our Service. Please review the section entitled “How We Share Your Personally Identifiable Information” above for more details about the parties we share information with.
- Right to Know and Delete
If you are a California resident, you have the right to delete the personal information we have collected from you. You also have the right know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. In particular, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information that have been collected by us;
- The categories of sources of that the personal information was collected;
- The categories of third parties with whom personal information is shared;
- The categories of information that are sold or disclosed for a business purpose to third parties;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information;
To exercise any of these rights, call our toll free number at (877) 747-6045, or email us at email@example.com. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days. In order to verify your identity and process your request, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we match that data to you in our systems. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your request to know or delete.
- Right to Opt Out
While we do not exchange your personal information in exchange for money, we may share your personal information with companies that we work with, including to advertise or market products to you. You have the right to opt-out of that sharing of your personal information by us to third parties at any time. You may also submit a request to opt out by calling our toll-free number at (877) 747-6045, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Authorized Agent
You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
- Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any your rights.
- Shine the Light
Customers who are residents of California may request (i) a list of the categories of personal information disclosed by us to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes; and (ii) a list of the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such information. To exercise a request, please write us at the email or postal address set out in “Contact Us” above and specify that you are making a “California Shine the Light Request.” We may require additional information from you to allow us to verify your identity and are only required to respond to requests once during any calendar year.