Police have arrested a 33-year-old man on a murder charge in the fatal shooting of rapper Takeoff, who they said was an “innocent bystander” to gunfire last month outside a bowling alley in Houston.
Patrick Xavier Clark was taken into custody peacefully Thursday night, Houston Police Chief Troy Finner said Friday. Clark’s arrest came one day after another man was charged in connection with the shooting that wounded two other people.
Clark was being held in jail Friday awaiting a bond hearing. Court records do not list an attorney who could speak for him.
The 28-year-old musician was one of three people police said were shot outside the downtown bowling alley around 2:30 a.m. on Nov. 1, when a dispute erupted as about 40 people were leaving a private party at the alley. Police have said another man and a woman suffered non-life-threatening gunshot injuries during the shooting, in which at least two people opened fire.