Today marks the two year anniversary of the 7.0 magnitude earthquake that shocked the world and devastated the already impoverished nation of Haiti. As the first and only African-American news source on the ground in Haiti in the quake’s aftermath — the disaster has always hit close to home for us at theGrio. Check out the slideshow below to see images from the immediate aftermath of this disaster which is still reverberating to this day.
- Kamiyah Mobley knew she was kidnapped at birth nearly two years ago
- Trump advisor banned blacks and ‘n****r music’ from his nightclubs
- Michael Eric Dyson explains why Trump presidency is rooted in racism
- Serena Williams scolds reporter for calling her ‘scrappy’
- Trump staffer says Kanye West not ‘traditionally American’ for inauguration
- ‘Our children can become president, too’: Obama’s presidency was a dream realized