Today marks the two year anniversary of the 7.0 magnitude earthquake that shocked the world and devastated the already impoverished nation of Haiti. As the first and only African-American news source on the ground in Haiti in the quake’s aftermath — the disaster has always hit close to home for us at theGrio. Check out the slideshow below to see images from the immediate aftermath of this disaster which is still reverberating to this day.
- Black graudates owe nearly twice as much student debt as whites
- Florida teacher put on probation for telling racist jokes in classroom
- Woman creates Gofundme to pay for divorce from her abuser
- Donald Trump pledges ‘new deal’ for African Americans
- Sevyn Streeter banned from singing anthem for wearing ‘We Matter’ t-shirt
- ‘Kill n****rs’: Lynching threat and drawing left on board in Florida classroom