Today marks the two year anniversary of the 7.0 magnitude earthquake that shocked the world and devastated the already impoverished nation of Haiti. As the first and only African-American news source on the ground in Haiti in the quake’s aftermath — the disaster has always hit close to home for us at theGrio. Check out the slideshow below to see images from the immediate aftermath of this disaster which is still reverberating to this day.
- ‘No one really knows what she does’: Ivanka Trump’s new role baffles White House staffers
- Sean Spicer refused to acknowledge Timothy Caughman’s murder as hate crime
- GOP senators want to heal racism by having Sunday dinners
- Miami ‘toxic tush doctor’ sentenced for death of patient
- Sen. Kamala Harris to deliver Howard commencement address
- ‘Campaign Zero’ launches tool on how to fight Trump’s agenda