Today marks the two year anniversary of the 7.0 magnitude earthquake that shocked the world and devastated the already impoverished nation of Haiti. As the first and only African-American news source on the ground in Haiti in the quake’s aftermath — the disaster has always hit close to home for us at theGrio. Check out the slideshow below to see images from the immediate aftermath of this disaster which is still reverberating to this day.
- ‘Native Son Awards’ celebrates the excellence of black gay men
- Woman finds mummified remains of grandson in attic
- Homicides in Chicago tops 700 with month left to go in 2016
- Bus company had complaints about driver before deadly crash
- Trump: No need for full border wall thanks to ‘vicious rivers’
- Morehouse man named chair of Congressional Black Caucus