From: NBC Philadelphia

Autopsy results are in on a woman found dead Wednesday in a vacant lot in Kensington.

Police say she was strangled and there were signs of sexual assault. They fear the Kensington strangler may have killed his third victim.

“Based on similarities, it appears that it may be the work of the individual responsible for the first two murders” said Deputy Commissioner William Blackburn.

  • WATCH THIS VIDEO ABOUT THE KENSINGTON, PA STRANGLER**
    [NBCVIDEO source=”PHILLY” video=”http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/syndication?id=112043514&path=%2Fnews%2Flocal-beat” w=”448″ h=”394″ id=”6662″]

According to investigators, the victim was 27-years old and originally from East Stroudsburg. Police believe she was also the mother of a small child. Officials are withholding her name until her family is notified.

The latest victim was found in a vacant lot within blocks of where two women were killed by a man dubbed the “Kensington Strangler.”

Investigators think the same man is responsible for three other attacks. Those women managed to escape.

Last week, police released surveillance video of a man they think might be responsible for one of the sexual assaults.

“We’re asking the public, someone knows this individual, to reach out and contact the police, contact homicide. It’s critical that we get this person off the streets,” said Blackburn.

Click here to read more stories from NBC Philadelphia…