NEW YORK (AP) — Pro Football Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor is being sued by the teenage girl he admitted having sex with in the case that led to him pleading guilty to misdemeanor charges earlier this year.

Cristina Fierro filed suit in federal court in New York on Monday. She is seeking compensatory and punitive damages to be determined at trial.

Taylor was sentenced to six years’ probation under a deal to plead guilty to sexual misconduct and patronizing an underage prostitute. The former New York Giants star linebacker was initially charged with third-degree rape, among other counts. Fierro was 16 when the crime occurred in May 2010.

She made a statement outside his sentencing hearing in March saying he deserved jail time. Fierro said at a news conference Monday that she felt Taylor “should be accountable for his crimes and misconduct toward me.”

Taylor’s lawyer, Arthur Aidala, says in a statement that because of the suit, Taylor and other witnesses “will have to reveal the rather disparaging truth about Ms. Fierro.”

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press.