Blake Griffin to skip slam dunk contest this year: 'Last year was hectic'

african kings

Blake Griffin says that he does not have plans of participating in this years slam dunk competition during NB All-Star Weekend. The Clippers forward says that participating in the slam dunk contest, the Rookie Challenge and the All- Star Game made last year “hectic.” ESPN reports that Griffin would like to tone it down and not be as busy this All-Star weekend:

LOS ANGELES — Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin was voted as a starter to the NBA All-Star Game on Thursday, but said he doesn’t plan on defending his slam dunk contest title during All-Star Weekend.

“As of right now I don’t plan on being in it,” Griffin said Thursday night. “Those dunk contests aren’t my thing, I said that last year. There’s a lot of guys that can put on a great show and do some good stuff.”

Last year Griffin won the slam dunk contest, played in the Rookie Challenge and played in the All-Star Game during a whirlwind weekend in Los Angeles.

Click here to read more.