Boston College: 80 sickened after eating at Chipotle, including men’s basketball players

african kings

BOSTON (AP) — Boston College says the number of students reporting gastrointestinal symptoms after eating at a Chipotle has climbed to 80.

On Monday, the school had said 30 students, including members of its men’s basketball team, had been sickened.

Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. closed the restaurant in Boston’s Cleveland Circle Monday and says it thinks the illnesses are the result of norovirus, not a multi-state outbreak of E. coli linked to its restaurants.

Boston College says all students have been tested for both E. Coli and norovirus, and that results will not be available for at least two days.

According to a report from the Boston Inspectional Services department dated Monday, an employee at the Chipotle in Boston was sick while working a shift Thursday.

Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.