Autopsy reveals Marion Barry’s son died of PCP overdose
An autopsy has concluded that former DC Mayor Marion Barry’s son died of an accidental PCP overdose.
According to a spokeswoman for the D.C. Medical Examiner, LaShon Beamon, Marion Christopher Barry, who went by Christopher, died of acute phencyclidine toxicity. He was 36 years old at the time of his death.
In the past, Christopher had struggled with drug abuse. In 2011, he was given 18 months of probation for PCP possession.
It seems to be a family problem as well, as his father was once famously arrested in 1990 during an FBI sting operation in which he was caught smoking crack cocaine.