Sgt. La David Johnson’s wife questioned what was in coffin—turns out she was right

Additional remains of the Green Beret have been ID'd in Niger a month after he is laid to rest

african kings

More remains of a U.S. soldier Sgt. La David Johnson killed in an ambush in Niger have been found. This came after his funeral when the widow questioned whether he was in the casket or not.

FBI in Niger along with the military found additional remain of Johnson who was killed along with three other soldiers in the ambush. This adds more mystery to what happened the day of the attack and the following days.

There have been numerous factual disputes about what happened when the soldiers were killed.

Myeshia Johnson, Sgt. Johnson’s wife, told the press in October that she was not permitted by the military to see her husbands body. This caused her to be suspicious of what was actually in the casket.

“They won’t show me a finger, a hand. I know my husband’s body from head to toe, and they won’t let me see anything,” she stated. “I don’t know what’s in that box. It could be empty, for all I know.”

–5 things you didn’t know about Sgt. La David Johnson–

“We can confirm that the Armed Forces Medical Examiner has positively identified these remains as those of Sgt. Johnson,” Dana W. White, spokesperson for the Department of Defense said.

“The department continues to conduct a detailed and thorough investigation into the deaths of Staff Sgt. Bryan C. Black, Staff Sgt. Jeremiah W. Johnson, Staff Sgt. Dustin M. Wright, and Sgt. La David T. Johnson. We extend our deepest condolences to all of the families of the fallen.”

Johnson was one of 12 on a U.S. special forces team and that was ambushed on Oct. 4 by militants who may have been linked to ISIS.

Five Nigerien soldiers were killed in the ambush as well. The attack happened after a meeting with local officials near Tongo Tongo.

The president and his administration did not acknowledge the ambush for almost two weeks.

The first media reports on the Niger ambush said that Johnson’s body was discovered by Nigerien soldiers two days after the attack but reports that came out later said that kids had found his body and his hands were tied behind his back and there was a big wound on his head.

Early reports of the incident stated that the U.S. soldiers were attacked by approximately 50 militants, reports now say that it could have been as many as 200.

The inconsistent accounts from the U.S. military have been criticized by both Congress and the public.