Cook County judge set bond for Florida man accused of cutting off another man’s penis

(Courtesy of Fotolia)

A Florida man who allegedly flew to Chicago and cut off the penis of his ex-girlfriend’s new man and left him for dead was granted a $1 million bond, the Chicago Tribune reports.

Justin Foster, 28, of Tallahassee, left a 26-year-old man lying in a pool of his own blood after severing his penis and throwing it over a gate after the vicious attack in Des Plaines. Foster was held on bond since September on attempted murder charges for the March attack. A Cook County judge set the bond and Foster could be released to await trial.

Foster reportedly flew from Atlanta to Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport where he rented a vehicle and drove to Des Plaines to seek out his ex-girlfriend’s new boyfriend. When Foster confronted the man he allegedly took a tire iron and bashed him in the head before grabbing his penis, slicing it off and then carving his initials in the man’s leg before throwing the penis away. Foster then dragged the man behind a parked car to hide him and left him lying in a pool of blood.

The man was so viciously beaten that it is said to be left with some brain damage but survived.

Foster then reportedly went back to the airport and caught a flight to Atlanta.

On Aug. 27 Foster was arrested in Tallahassee and was brought to Cook County on Sept. 20 to face the charge.

Read More: Duchess Meghan Markle and Prince Harry expecting first child

Read More: Simone Biles slams anti-Nike tweet by Interim USA gymnastics leader

On Thursday his defense attorney, Jack Friedlander, asked for a lower bond of $250,000 but the judge denied it, citing a flee risk and threat as reasons.

“We’re talking about a very heinous crime here,” Assistant State’s Attorney Luis Muniz said Thursday. “A monetary bond is not appropriate.”

The man who was attacked was discovered by a passerby who called the police. Officials said he was taken to Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge and later transferred to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago for his life-threatening injuries.