Michigan man charged in execution-style deaths of boy, 6, father and girlfriend
A falling-out over drug deals allegedly led to the slayings of Tukoyo Moore and his son, Tai'raz.
A Michigan man has been charged in the execution-style slaying of six-year-old Tai’raz Moore, the child’s father and his dad’s girlfriend.
Nicholas Raad Bahri, 37, was arraigned Tuesday on three homicide charges, as well as three charges of committing a felony while possessing a gun, three charges involving a felon carrying a gun and a charge of mutilating a dead body.
The killing of the young boy sparked outrage in Michigan. Moore and his father’s girlfriend, Isis Rimson, 28, were found shot to death on Oct. 1 in the basement of their house in Warren, which is located about 20 miles north of Detroit.
Both victims were shot execution-style.
Detroit Police officers found the bodies of the woman and child when they arrived to notify the woman and child that Tukuyo Moore, 31, the father of the boy, had been found slain.
Warren is a Motor City suburb of Detroit that is well-known for racism issues. The execution-style murders of three Black people by a non-Black person has set the city on edge.
Warren Police Commissioner Bill Dwyer is proactively calling on federal authorities to get involved with the case for potential hate crime charges.
“Nicholas Bahri. Barbarian. Child Killer. And he will serve his time,” he said, holding up a photo of the suspect. “I have talked to [Detroit U.S. Attorney] Matthew Schneider. I’ve talked about this before as far as possibly taking this person under criminal capital offense. Mr. Schneider is monitoring the case very closely.”
Detectives have noted that Bahri and the elder Moore were possibly involved in drug trafficking. According to detectives, the home had been ransacked, and drugs, guns and a large amount of cash were all found hidden in the home by officers.
“It was all about drugs and money,” Dwyer said. “And I’ll leave it at that.”
Dwyer is pushing for the death penalty for Bahri, however, the death penalty has been banned in Michigan since 1963. To obtain that ruling, the case would have to go to federal courts, a measure the commissioner fully supports.
“When you murder a six-year-old innocent baby, the person or persons responsible deserve the death penalty,” Dwyer said Friday morning.