Woman creates line of Black Lives Matter-inspired school supplies, everything sells out
If Black Lives Matter had an official line of school supplies, they’d probably look like something like this:
The school supplies range from bookbags to notebooks, with figures such as civil rights icons Martin Luther King mixed with memes of Lakers guard Nick Young.
Check out some of the options Nneka features on her site below:
The stated goals of the line of products are:
- Open and deposit profits into an account with black owned Citizens Trust Bank.
- Donate 40 percent of all profits made from book bag sales to local charities.
- Provide quality products.
- Hire local minority youth.
- Support other small businesses
- Use economically sourced materials
- Use environmentally friendly packaging
The line of supplies has reportedly sold out and Nneka has started a GoFundMe page to increase production. Learn more about the fundraiser here.