Lil Wayne TheGrio
Rapper Wayne Carter, known to the music world as 'Lil Wayne', reports to New York State Supreme Court to begin serving a one year prison sentence for possesion of an illegal weapon on March 8, 2010 in New York City. (Photo by Jemal Countess/Getty Images)

Federal agents raided a private jet that flew Lil Wayne into Miami’s Opa-locka Executive Airport on Monday and discovered cocaine and a weapon, law enforcement sources say.

READ MORE: Lil Wayne calls Jay-Z ‘real friend’ and praises Swizz Beatz

Wayne, whose birth name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., had to remain at the airport while the FBI, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Miami-Dade police, and other law enforcement agencies searched the plane on which he was a passenger, the Miami Herald reports.

But he was “cleared” to leave the scene Monday evening by federal investigators, Miami defense attorney Howard Srebnick told the news outlet.

The artist took to Twitter to inform fans that everything was straight. He even made light of the situation, referencing a previous tweet where he rooted on the Packers with a tweet that read: “GO PACK GO!!!!!” and said he thinks the feds got confused because he shortened the football team’s name to “Pack.”

It was unclear how many other people were on the private Gulfstream G-V jet, although the plane can hold up to 14 passengers and crew, according to Opa-locka airport officials, the report says.

READ MORE: Eddie Murphy delivers highest ‘Saturday Night Live’ ratings in years

Miami-Dade police were tipped off that weapons and marijuana were on the aircraft as it headed to Miami from California, and the agency reached out to federal authorities so they could obtain a search warrant, according to law enforcement sources. Weezy, 37, was found to be a passenger on the plane, along with others.

Since cocaine and a gun were found, federal authorities will likely file charges in federal court, according to the Herald. If Lil Wayne or any of the other passengers had been charged Monday evening by the U.S. Attorney’s Office, they would have spent Christmas behind bars in federal custody until courts reopened on Thursday.