105-year-old woman rescued from house fire

african kings

TONGANOXIE, Kansas —  A 105-year-old Kansas woman is recovering after her house caught fire early Tuesday morning.

Ann Elizabeth Jarrett’s nephew, who lives next door to her home in Tonganoxie, woke up to the smell of smoke around 4:30 a.m. and called firefighters.

Jackson Jarrett says he entered the house through a window after hearing his aunt’s screams and finding the heat and smoke at the front door to difficult to pass through.

He managed to carry her out to safety.

She then asked him to go back in for her “dentures and Bible.”

Click here to read the rest of this story on KSHB