On Saturday, Warner Bros. Television released a statement to The Hollywood Reporter:
“Upon becoming aware of allegations of sexual misconduct against AJ Calloway, we began an internal review to determine whether there had been any misconduct by Mr. Calloway on Extra and whether any employee of the show had been the victim of any such misconduct,” Warner Bros. Television said. “To date, we have found nothing to suggest that Mr. Calloway has ever engaged in workplace misconduct.”
In light of additional allegations brought to our attention, we are expanding our ongoing inquiries, and Mr. Calloway has been suspended pending further review. We take such allegations very seriously and are committed to doing everything we can to ensure a safe and inclusive workplace for all of our employees.”
Calloway’s attorney, Lisa E. Davis, said in a statement to the outlet that “Mr. Calloway maintains that these unsubstantiated allegations are patently false. He vehemently denies that he ever assaulted anyone and looks forward to clearing his name.”
Last June, Sil Lai Abrams accused the entertainment reporter of sexual assault. Two other women have reportedly accused him as well but have chosen to remain anonymous.
Abrams came forward on June 18 saying that Calloway sexually assaulted her in 2006 after an event in New York City. She reported Calloway to police, but the case was later dismissed on a technicality.