R. Kelly has packed up his things and moved out of the infamous West Side studio space in Chicago that allegedly doubled as sleeping quarters for his entourage and underaged girls.
Judge Patrice Ball-Reed ordered that the building could only be accessed from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. When Kelly’s attorney objected and called it “banker’s hours” that was stifling his creativity the judge hit back saying:
“I’m sorry that his muse doesn’t operate during those hours.”
The property was featured in the Lifetime docuseries, Surviving R. Kelly, in January. It allegedly is the location where Kelly abused some of the victims. Ever since then, it has been under much scrutiny by Chicago authorities.
“R. Kelly can never be creative and do his job under these circumstances which leaves him no choice but to leave his building,” the embattled singer’s attorney Steve Greenberg said in a statement released Wednesday afternoon.
The Chicago Police Department declined to make a statement relating to the decision.
The Investigation Continues
A new development surfaced Monday in the R. Kelly case.
TMZ reported that a grand jury has been convened to hear evidence against the embattled singer after a new sex tape surfaced allegedly showing the singer having sex with an underage girl.
According to the website, sources connected with the Cook County State Attorney’s investigation said several women who claim to have been sexually abused by Kelly flew out to Chicago to speak with the prosecutor.
Attorney Michael Avenatti announced last week that he had possession of a sex tape that allegedly showed Kelly having sex with an underage girl, and on Saturday he took to Twitter to confirm that a third tape exists of the R&B hitmaker sexually abusing a female minor.
Avenatti has turned over the newly surfaced sex tapes to the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office in Chicago that could soon lead to an indictment of Kelly in Illinois.