Travis Scott, Kylie Jenner have a boy 

Jenner shared the news first, posting a photo of the baby’s hand with a caption of a blue heart and the date 2/2/22.

Loading the player...

Rapper Travis Scott and socialite entrepreneur Kylie Jenner have announced that their family has grown, sharing news of the birth of their second child, a boy, on Instagram

Jenner made the announcement first, sharing a black-and-white photo of the baby’s hand with a caption of a blue heart and the date 2/2/22. The date happens to be the day after the birthday of their first child, Stormi, who turned 4 years old last week. 

Travis Scott (left) and Kylie Jenner (right) have shared news of the birth of their second child. (Photo: Tommaso Boddi/Getty Images)

As of Monday afternoon, the post had more than 18 million likes. 

“She has been wanting to give Stormi a sibling for a while,” a source reportedly told PEOPLE in September. “She loves being a mom. She is thrilled that she and Travis are pregnant again. She has been enjoying her pregnancy in private. She has only spent time with close friends and family.”

Jenner and Scott have been dating since 2017, and welcomed their first child the next year. After a brief breakup in 2019, the couple reunited, according to Insider

The arrival of the new baby is welcome good news for Scott, who remains embroiled in billions of dollars worth of lawsuits after the deadly 2021 Astroworld Festival in his native Houston, where 10 people were killed as a result of injuries sustained during a massive crowd surge. 

According to the Associated Press, the House Oversight and Reform Committee sent a letter in December to Live Nation Entertainment Inc. President and CEO Michael Rapino asking for information about the company’s role in the rap superstar’s Nov. 5 festival and concert.

In a statement following the tragedy last November, Scott said his “prayers go out to the families and all those impacted by what happened at Astroworld Festival.”

“Houston PD has my total support as they continue to look into the tragic loss of life,” he tweeted. “I am committed to working together with the Houston community to heal and support the families in need. Thank you to Houston PD, Fire Department, and NRG Park for their immediate response and support. Love You All.”

Jenner also released a statement following the deadly incident, writing in her Instagram stories, “Travis and I are broken and devastated. My thoughts and prayers are with all who lost their lives, were injured, or affected in any way by yesterday’s events. And also for Travis who I know cares deeply for his fans and the Houston community.” 

“I want to make it clear we weren’t aware of any fatalities until the news came out after the show and in no world would have continued filming or performing,” she wrote, per CNN. The beauty mogul added that she was “sending my deepest condolences to all the families during this difficult time and will be praying for the healing of everyone who has been impacted.” 

TheGrio is now on your TV via Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Roku, and Android TV. Also, please download theGrio mobile apps today!

Loading the player...