From Daily Mail UK: An elementary school is being investigated by police after a seven-year-old pupil died from an allergic reaction to peanuts.
Ammaria Johnson, a first grade student at Hopkins Elementary School in Chesterfield County, Virginia, died after suffering the reaction on the first day back after the Christmas holidays.
She complained about shortness of breath and had broken out in hives during a recess break on Monday before being treated by the school’s nurse.
The youngster then went into cardiac arrest, which her family said was caused by her coming into contact with a peanut product.
Although it is not clear where or when Ammaria may have eaten a peanut-based product, her devastated mother said she tried to leave an Epipen with school staff in case of a reaction, but was told to keep it at home instead.
Clickhere to read more