As the death of 17-year-old African-American student Trayvon Martin launches to the forefront of national attention, Melissa Harris-Perry and her guest, urban school district consultant Jawanza Kunjufu, seek to find out what it’s like to grow up like Martin. Joining them on the show are Diallo McClammy and C.J. Morrison, both 17 years old, and 16-year-old George Nunez, to share their life experiences of growing up as young black men.
- Kentucky becomes 44th state to allow charter schools
- Elementary students hold mock slave auction during class
- ‘RHOA’ stars Peter Thomas and Matt Jordan come to blows at radio station
- White supremacist fatally stabs black man in racist attack
- Black Greeks clean up beach after partying in Miami
- Teen lies about being abducted, raped by three black men