As the death of 17-year-old African-American student Trayvon Martin launches to the forefront of national attention, Melissa Harris-Perry and her guest, urban school district consultant Jawanza Kunjufu, seek to find out what it’s like to grow up like Martin. Joining them on the show are Diallo McClammy and C.J. Morrison, both 17 years old, and 16-year-old George Nunez, to share their life experiences of growing up as young black men.
- Kamiyah Mobley knew she was kidnapped at birth nearly two years ago
- Trump advisor banned blacks and ‘n****r music’ from his nightclubs
- Michael Eric Dyson explains why Trump presidency is rooted in racism
- Serena Williams scolds reporter for calling her ‘scrappy’
- Trump staffer says Kanye West not ‘traditionally American’ for inauguration
- ‘Our children can become president, too’: Obama’s presidency was a dream realized