With voting already under way nationwide, the focus for many turns to the barrage of voter ID and other restrictive voting laws, which many African-Americans, Hispanics and young voters see as aimed at them, in an attempt to reduce the number of votes available to Democrats. In addition, alleged acts of voter intimidation at the polls, plus the destruction of earlyvoting ballots, have many concerned that their efforts to vote will be hampered or tampered with.
TheGrio.com is asking our readers to be our “eyes and ears” on the ground in states where potential disenfranchisement could take place. If you see, or experience, voter intimidation, are turned away, or see people turned away from the polls, or if you witness other issues that could impact the public’s ability to exercise their right to vote, we want to know!
Fill out the form below, and theGrio.com will investigate, and if validated, report on issues related to voting rights and voter suppression. You can remain anonymous, but we would like you to provide your contact information so that we can follow up with you confidentially. Let us know:
- If you witness voter intimidation at the polls (take a picture if you can).
- If you receive a “push poll” robocall (be sure to write down who the call is from!).
- If you or someone you know receives a flyer or a piece of direct mail that appears to be misdirecting you (i.e., to vote on the wrong day, or at the wrong polling place). Scan the flyer and send it to us.
- If you or someone you know is turned away at the polling place.
- If you or someone you know has trouble obtaining a voter ID.
Most importantly, we want EVERYONE to exercise their right, and duty, to vote, this year, and in every election.
[googleapps domain=”docs” dir=”spreadsheet/embeddedform” query=”formkey=dG1ZYjRkRUFqSlRLR3NkdVdvYm5FS2c6MQ” width=”760″ height=”1223″ /]