FRIDAY, JAN. 18
- From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. IMPACT will host a Town Hall on Obama’s second term legislative agenda at the Howard University School of Business. Moderated by MSNBC political analyst and The Hill columnist Karen Finney, the event is free and open to the public.
- At noon, the DMV Ball will begin at the Howard Theater, 620 T St. NW in Washington, D.C. Featuring Oddissee, Diamond District, DJ Roddy Rod and Sean Born, tickets are $15 in advance and $20 the day of the show.
- Young & Powerful will be hosting its :UNITE: Inauguration Kick-Off Reception and Celebration at Tabaq Bistro, 1336 U Street NW at 7 p.m., with live performances by Anthony David and Mya. Tickets are available online and range from $44 to $88.
- The Zeta Phi Beta Tau Delta Zeta Chapter will celebrate 93 years at a Founders’ Day Networking Mixer from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Tabaq Bistro, 1336 U St. NW, Washington, D.C. Tickets are $20.
- The Carlyle Club will host its Pre-Inaugural Celebration Ball at the Carlyle Club, 411 John Carlyle St., Alexndria, Va. from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. Tickets are between $100 and $150.
- Power Forward will host an inaugural cocktail reception from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Goethe Institute DC, 811 7th St. NW in Washington, D.C. Guests will hear Johnny Grahm and The Groove blend jazz, R&B, hip-hop and rock. Tickets range from $80 to $100.
- The Entrepreneur Inaugural Ball will be held from 7 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. at the Greenbelt Marriott Hotel, 6400 Ivy Lane in Greenbelt, MD. Join the group of business owners and leaders at the event geared toward entrepreneurship. Tickets cost between $175 and $299.
- From 8 p.m to 2 a.m., Mosaic: an Inauguration Ball for the African Diaspora, will be held at the Ukrainian Ballroom, 4250 Harewood Rd., NE in Washington, D.C. Tickets range from $45 to $100.
Click below for the remaining listings.