R. Kelly has decided to leave the Chicago building that has been behind much of the “Surviving” controversy this year.

According to Rolling Stone, judge decided to place a strict curfew on the building that houses the R&B singer’s recording studio. The singer believes that the new restriction will upset his “creativity.”

Read More: New R. Kelly Sex Tape: Michael Avenatti claims he has new 45-minute video showing singer sexually abusing underage girl

The property was featured in the Lifetime docuseries, Surviving R. Kelly, in January. It allegedly is where some of the abuse some of the victims endured at the hands of Kelly took place. Ever since then, it has been under much scrutiny by Chicago authorities.

A Chicago judge issued 66 building violations to Kelly prior to this decision due to the singer turning the building into illegal living space with amenities such as a kitchen, bar room, sauna, along with the recording studio. Some of the space in the building was restricted.

Read More: R. Kelly now under criminal investigation in Georgia after brutal “Surviving R. Kelly” docuseries exposes sexual abuse

The R&B singer’s lawyer, Steven Greenberg released a statement saying, “On February 8, 2019, an order was entered limiting R. Kelly’s access to his recording studio between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m,” Greenberg said.

“Thru the years, history has admired creativity. Beethoven worked and wrote during the night. So did Freud, Tolstoy, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Edison, Elon Musk, and Churchill, amongst thousands of others. John Lennon spent 24 hours a day in bed while recording. Many people work day and/or night, or both. Nonetheless, Robert Kelly has been ordered by a judge to not to be creative between 9:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m.”

Read More: John Legend and Chrissy Teigen on “Surviving R. Kelly”  interview and why they’re still friends with Kanye

Greenberg implied that the ruling “is a vindictive and baseless reaction to unsubstantiated claims of decades old misconduct.”

He went on to say, “Almost all of the statements in the documentary [Surviving R. Kelly] were previously debunked, by facts, and rejected by the police, judges, and a jury,” Greenberg said. “A hashtag does not make people truthful or credible.”

The Chicago Department declined to make a statement relating to the decision. Greenberg said that Kelly is “working on it” when asked when the publication asked when R&B singer plans to leave the building.